Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Failure as a Teacher

Today is not going as well as I would like. I just looked over my students TAKS scores. Some celebrations and some well I am not sure what to say. I know why many probably didn't pass. They don't listen to me in class. It has me re evaluating what I need to do to improve my class. I guess I am just an average to poor teacher. I take this very personal. I hate to hear a student has failed. However, overall looking at effort through the year I can see why some have not done well. Now it is to see how much they failed by. I want to just scream and cry.

I am getting the chance to tell my students on Friday. It will give me time to think on how I want to approach this. I have to find something to hook them. Just what is the question. I have a lot to think about during the summer. I need to find a hook. I will figure it out. Just don't know how well I will do.

No comments:

Post a Comment