Thursday, June 30, 2011

The Word....

Today I decided to get Donovan out of the house. It has been one of those day. How to even explain the first incident.

Donovan and I were just relaxing this morning. He was playing the Wii Monsters vs. Aliens. As he was playing he is talking to the game. Then out of his mouth the most horrible thing came out. He says to the game "Where is the F**King bridge?" I had to shake my head for a second and had to listen again. I said what did you say. He said nothing. Then I had to explain to him what a horrible word that was. I was so sad. It made me want to cry, because I have used that word before and just never expected him not to say it. I need to lead by example. Positive examples would be nice. He felt bad and realized that I was upset over that.

Donovan and I went on a date today. We had lunch at TGIFridays and a movie. Lunch was nice. He and I laughed and talked. Of course about silly stuff but we talked. Then off to the movies. Cars 2 was a cute movie, however, Donovan and I could of waited for the movie to come out on DVD. He loved the movie and he laughed. That really is all that matters.

We were going to workout but I decided against. Donovan and I just relaxed for the rest of the evening. I did have to send him to his room because he stuck his tongue out at me because I didn't have hot dog buns. I know he must be crazy. I sent him to his room and told him he needed to apologize to me if he wanted out.

Donovan's behavior. I have to do something about it. I know it is my fault because I have treated him like my baby. He is become mouthy for 5. I know that I am going to be putting my thumb down on a lot of the things he is doing lately. He will be losing time with the television. I know we will be working on his sounds, reading the rest of his books, going outside to sit and play a little. We will be working on a schedule too. Not just for Donovan but for me too. I know it is summer, but I need to go to bed at a decent time. I need to quit staying up reading my books. It is not helping me out at all.

I am so moody right now. This evening I just wanted to cry. I am not sure if I am at the onset of menopause. I really don't care, but this wanting to cry has to go. That is not me. I have just felt lonely today.

I am just having one of those days. Quote of the day:

We should never permit ourselves to do anything that we are not willing to see our children do.
- Brigham Young

No comments:

Post a Comment